Exotic and Pocket Pet Care
Dogs and cats may be the most popular pets, but they are not the only ones that need comprehensive care from a qualified veterinarian. We are proud to continue our care of exotic / pockets pets with Dr. Melinda Shumpert. Dr. Shumpert brings considerable experience with small mammals to her clients - guinea pigs, rats, mice, bunnies, foxes, raccoons, ferrets, chinchillas, sugar gliders, gerbils, and hamsters.
Owning an exotic pet is no small responsibility. There are many challenges that come with owning a less conventional pet, and Lange Animal Hospital is happy to offer education and exotic pet care services to ensure that they enjoy healthy lives.
Exotic pets require lifelong care just like any other pet. The services we can provide include:
- Annual wellness care including physical exams, routine blood work and vaccinations as recommended
- Species-specific grooming
- Dental care for small mammals
- Species-specific laboratory testing
- Consultations for adoption, behavior, diet, and husbandry
- Emergency care (during regular business hours)
- Hospitalization in an exotics-only ward
- Advanced imaging including digital X-ray and ultrasound
Are you looking for a skilled veterinarian to treat your avian or exotic pet? Contact us today at 865-690-6481 to get started.