Avian and Exotic Pet Care
Dogs and cats may be the most popular pets, but they are not the only ones that need comprehensive care from a qualified veterinarian. We are proud to now welcome avian and exotic pets into our Knoxville practice for treatment. Dr. Rivais brings considerable experience with birds, small mammals, reptiles and more to our hospital.
Owning an exotic pet is no small responsibility. There are many challenges that come with owning a less conventional pet, and Lange Animal Hospital is happy to offer education and exotic pet care services to ensure that they enjoy healthy lives.
Animals We Can Treat
Dr. Rivais and the staff at Lange Animal Hospital can provide primary care and emergency services to a wide variety of avian and exotic pets:
- Birds such as parrots, canaries, finches, chickens, ducks, pigeons, doves, etc.
- Reptiles (excluding venomous species)
- Exotic mammals such as guinea pigs, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, sugar gliders, chinchillas, ferrets, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, rats, and mice
- Amphibians, fish, and invertebrates
Services We Offer
Avian and exotic pets require lifelong care just like any other pet. The services we can provide include:
- Annual wellness care including physical exams, routine blood work and vaccinations as recommended
- Species-specific grooming (nail trims, wing trims)
- Dental care for small mammals
- Species-specific laboratory testing
- Consultations for adoption, behavior, diet, and husbandry
- Emergency care (during regular business hours)
- Hospitalization in an exotics-only ward
- Advanced imaging including digital X-ray and ultrasound
Are you looking for a skilled veterinarian to treat your avian or exotic pet? Contact us today at 865-690-6481 to get started.